Monday, March 31, 2008

One.org



I'll admit it. I've had my head in the sand for some time now. It was purely defensive, because I could see so many things wrong in the world and I had no idea how to help. So I did nothing, and felt guilty and powerless.

But I'm changing that, for me. I'm finding that there are MANY people and groups out there making a difference. By adding my voice, my support, my energy to the cause already in motion, I can make a difference. It makes me feel better. I hadn't realized just how heavy this burden I've been carrying around was, until I decided I could put it down. And in putting it down, looking at it differently, I'm not afraid of picking it back up. Because of my willingness to consider changing, I feel better, lighter...hopeful.

I know that if I feel this way, there are others out there. I encourage you to look at the possibilities open to us to help. It doesn't have to cost you anything but time. To begin, I'm investing an hour a day looking into these possibilities, becoming educated, and taking simple action. I'll sign a petition, watch a video, become informed. Later, I might volunteer my time, open my checkbook, take on bigger causes. But just now, I'm relieved to find a place to begin. I invite you to join me.

Today's link is http://www.one.org
I've added my name to their member list, signed the Declaration and looked for an event in my community that I can participate in. I'm smiling! Together as ONE we can make a difference.

No comments: